Fall is my absolute favorite time of year. I love the changing of the leaves, fall fashion, fall decor, and everything cozy. Moving to Florida has been amazing, but one tough part of our move has been the loss of seasons. Yes, its AMAZING to live by the beach and not freeze in December, but I totally miss going to a pumpkin patch without sweating or wearing chunky sweaters! I wanted to share a few things I am feeling extra thankful for this season.
1. Family- I have the best family and thankfully, I am really close with all of them. My parents live in Chicago part time and in Naples, FL part time, so I see them all the time and they are my best friends. I have a sister who lives in Virginia with her husband and 6 month old daughter who might be the cutest little girl in the world (proud aunt). I also have a brother who lives in Dallas with his wife and 15 month old son, who looks JUST like my brother, it kind of freaks me out, LOL. Last and probably most important, Michael and I have two kitties that we are absolutely obsessed with. I am so grateful to be their kitty mama!
2. My Husband- Michael and I have been together for about 5 years and married for just over a year. He is my absolute best friend and I feel so grateful to go through life with him. We are both SO stubborn and type A, so we butt heads basically daily about little things here and there, but there is no one else I’d want to go through this crazy thing we call life with!
3. My Career- For those of you that don’t know me personally, I am a Special Education teacher. This is my fourth year teaching and I absolutely LOVE it. I teach Kindergarten – Second grade and primarily work with children with Autism and Down syndrome. It is such a fun age to teach because I see the craziest growth almost every day.
4. My Home- Michael and I purchased our first home this past summer and have absolutely loved fixing it up and making it our own. I walk in to my home every day and I am still in awe that it is ours. We are far from done with renovations, but we are taking it day by day. I can’t wait to continue to work on home projects. It has become our life lately!
5. Florida- I grew up and lived in Chicago my entire life until just this past summer, Michael and I decided we wanted to move to the beach, so we did! Our move to Florida has been the absolute best thing we ever did. It has been scary, overwhelming, exciting, and so fun. When we lived in Chicago, we had a loft in the heart of the city, so most of our days were spent at restaurants, bars, or walking around and shopping. Our life in florida has taken a TOTAL 180. We now spend our days at the beach, taking our wave runner to different islands, and paddle boarding. I guess you could say its more of an outdoorsy laid back lifestyle now. It has been a huge change in lifestyle but so fun and adventurous!
THANKFUL T-Shirt from Kayliana Boutique
If you have any questions or comments, feel free to send me a DM at @thealliewhite_